Meanie: AKA: Chuck

Baby dwaygun

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Learning NOT to scream....

Me an Mawmaw ah bak fwum ah twip tu huh docktow uhpoyntmentz. On duh twip tu Sheridan wee went ohvuh South Pass. Az ahwayz me ditz on duh dash an bee Mawmawz ko-piwut. Duh paz wuz weewee nowee an skaywee. Mee kept skweemun doh Mawmaw pwazt mee on duh deet doh mee kudnt dee owtdide and skweem. Mawmaw dez it maykz huh nuvuz wen me skweemz.

Doh, on duh way hom duhday, duh wodez wer dwi doh Mawmaw ded me kud wide on duh dash iff me pwomuzt not tu skweem. Wee wer dohin up a heow in duh pazzin layn. Der wer 6 twuckz in duh swoh wayn doh MawMaw wuz dwivun in duh pazz wayn wen wun ov dem twuckz powd wite owt in fwunt of MawMaw an didnt eevun signow.

Mawmaw swamd on huh bwakz butt duh twaywoh dat duh twuk waz pohwin ahmozt hit aw caw doh MawMaw had to swuv intu the onkumin twaffic wayn tu uhvoid dittin hit den had tu swuv wite bak intu duh passin wayn.

Mee am happee to wepowt dat me didnt skweem an me hung on tite on duh dash an didnt fah off. Mee Mawmaw towd me dat mee did vewee dood an dee iz pwowd ov me! Mee gezz aw ov uz hav uh heewoh in uz!

Luv,
Chuck

7 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger San said...

Chuck, I'm sometimes a screaming co-pilot too.

What's the secret of not screaming? I don't know that I'd find hanging onto the dash that reassuring when an 18-wheeler is too close for comfort.

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm usually not a screamer, but I would probably yell, "OH SH*T". Yikes, what a close call. You were very brave.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz
DON'T TRY TO PASS THOSE BIG TRUCKS PLEASE!!! ffs...on a 2 line highway its just not safe...especially if it makes Chuck scream!!!

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Celebration of Life said...

RJ: I was driving in the passing lane going up a hill (there were 3 lanes). I had passed 4 trucks already and this truck driver pulled out of line in front of me and didn't bother to signal. I am getting to be a pretty good driver!
Jo

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

lol i'm sure it does make her nervous while she's driving through a snow storm and her co-pilot is on the dash screaming, ffs.

Passing is safe under the right conditions, but him pulling out in front of you without your signals is definitely NOT the right conditions! Glad you are safe and sound! love ou!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

that just scres the hello out of me. I am glad you are safe, and I didn't read it right...sar char.
Chuck does have a loud scream sometimes...like when Plink was trying to grab him!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger San said...

Run over to my place, Chuck, and see Mawmaw's award.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home