Meanie: AKA: Chuck

Baby dwaygun

Thursday, August 14, 2008

More birthday pictures....

Mawmaw iz dohin tu wite uh bowt huh buffday cuz itz tu hawd foh me tu dump fwum kee tu kee wiff aw diz tuff! Dee iz dohin tu xpwayn dem foh me!

Thank you everyone for thinking of me on my special day. I had a marvelous birthday.

In the back, is a beautiful bouquet with purple irisis, pink carnations, mini pink carnations, red roses and other flowers that I love. This bouquet came from my good friend, San in New Mexico. The bottle just to the left of the bouquet has the 'sage & lavender' she sent me. I love those two aromas together! The lid has holes in it. She also sent me a book "Conscious Dreaming" and the card with the river. Thanks San!

In the back on the left is a birthday card from my penpal, Janet from New Jersey. We have been penpals since the 4th grade. We have stayed in touch all of these years (can it really be 44 years?) and she has never forgotten one of my birthdays. Thanks, Janet!

The next card, sitting on a beautifully carved purple stone box is from Ellie. Inside was a beautiful pair of gold leaf earrings. The card reads, "It's true, we are good at multitasking!" Inside it says, "Yep, we can sneeze, laugh, cough and pee, all at the same time!" I just about multi tasked when I read it! LOL

The next card is from my dear sister, Rubye Jean in Arizona. It reads: "For My Sister, through our years together and our moments of laughter, our tears of sadness, and our joy and happiness... I've always been glad that your'e my sister!" Then she wrote a very sweet personal note. Thank you Rubye Jean, you are very precious to me too!

The basket of daisys is from my employer.

To the far left in front is a card from my friend Karen in Saratoga. She also gave me a silver friendship bracelet. We had a wonderful time with them this past weekend in Saratoga.

To the far right, is Chuck with his gift from Ellie. The dog looks like a rat terrier with a rat in its mouth and of course a rock which he calls poopie.

I also received phone calls from my kids, grand kids, Michelle, Megan, Anna Jo & her kids, my good friend Tonie in Afton, Nancy and Ron my cousins in Story and other friends.

I had a marvelous day! Thank you everyone for making it so special!

Love,
Jo & Chuck

6 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger San said...

Such a graceful still life of celebration you've arranged, Jo. I'm glad the bouquet is so pretty. You never know what to expect when you order these things long-distance, but they did a great job!

You have so many people who love and appreciate you and your birthday still life reflects that. I love that you put the lavender and sage in that bottle--so pretty.

And is that the new countertop? I am envious! That is both elegant and homey. Perfect choice.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger San said...

And Chuck, dank you for awowing Mawmaw to expwayn duh pwesunts. You are an inkwedible dwagon.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

glad ou had such a good birthday!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

You sure got some lovely gifts and cards!!!! You ARE loved and appreciated!!!!
I am so glad you had a wonderful day!!!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger San said...

Chuck, you haf anuthuh awawd at my pwace. Come an make a elokwent ackseptince speech.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely gifts. I want to sniff the flowers. (tee-hee)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home