Meanie: AKA: Chuck

Baby dwaygun

Thursday, October 11, 2007

A wellness day...

This is Fremont Lake in the 60's, where we learned to swim. Ms. Creek sent me this photo.
Back Row from Left to Right is our beloved sister Beckie who was murderd in 1990 and Jo.
Front Row from Left to Right is Beverly Jennsen, Ms. Creek, Bunny and Purple Velvet. The person sitting on the beach is either Aunt Laura Bell or Pennie; I can't tell with this photo and this angle. If you know who it is, please let me know and I will change this caption.



This is the Game and Fish cabin where my family had many wonderful memories.




Yesterday I took a wellness day and drove 100 miles north to where I grew up. This time of year is always hard on me but this year has been especially hard. I got it in my head that I wanted to take pictures of Quaking Aspen trees so I can paint them at a later date. Unfortunately, I was about two weeks too late but I had a very pleasant day enjoying Mother Nature and her healing powers. Here are some more memorable places from childhood...





This is the first view of Square Top Mountain from the road before arriving at Green River Lake.





This is Square Top Mountain on the shore of Green River Lake. It was such a beautiful day!






This is the shoreline of Fremont Lake which is where we learned to swim. This lake is glacier fed so it was very cold even in the heat of the summer. My sisters and I had many hours of fun swimming in this lake. (after our bodies became numb)





Another picture of the shoreline of Fremont Lake.



This is Fremont Peak on Skyline Drive. The glacier at the foot of this mountain feeds Fremont Lake which in turn is the water supply for the town of Pinedale.


It is amazing to me how Mother Nature has a way of healing and renewing. I am feeling the energy from the earth and my spirit soaring....I am feeling so much better today!


Meanie's Mawmaw

15 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger A.Bananna said...

wow! those are really good pictures Aunt Jo! I remember how cold the water is! its freezing!!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mawmaw,
I'm sorry you missed the Aspen trees. They turn all yellowy, right?

"I am feeling the energy from the earth and my spirit soaring" I like that description. Now that the weather is a bit colder here in Massachusetts the leaves should begin changing.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

Thanks Jo for brining back wonderful memories...made me cry ffs!
Beautiful! Glad you got to go!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Chuck fka: Meanie said...

I am glad I went too! The trip gave me a new outlook on life. If I would have had time, I would have driven up Pinion Ridge and snapped pictures looking down in the valley. I remember that the wind blows so hard up there that the trees grow sideways instead of straight up! (That is, when they can grow) Well, there is always next time!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

again...thank you!
Lower Green River lake was much colder than Fremont...& Fremont was coldddddddddddddddddd LOL

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i have a black and white of 4 girls in fremont lake, i'll send it to you!

and, i think it is amazing how the cabin you drew for chewy looks much like the game and fish cabin at GRL! you've got me convinced, we need to go camping there next summer! are ya up for it?

thanks for reviving my spirit too!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Lee Ann said...

That view would make me well too!
Have a great weekend!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Chewy: The leaves either turn golden yellow or reddish, depending on the year and the sap level in the trees. Nonetheless, they are beautiful and very fun to paint!

Ms. Creek & Velvet: We have some very good memories of those places, don't we? The hay sleds were still there parked by the elk feed ground hay barns. I didn't think to take a picture of them but remembered all the fun we had playing on them and the indian teepees we built!!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger A.Bananna said...

I remember my mom taking me up there and her sharing all her memories of all of you girls up there.

Love yah!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

Jo....look at the moccosins (sp) i think that is Pennie, Aunt Laura Bell was much thinner than that so I think it is Pennie...due to mocs.
May I add...the Jensens are our cousins...Ms Creek=Ellie PurpleVelvet=Rubye Jean
Jo=meanie's mawmaw!!!!LOL

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

RE: first pic
Pennie & LL always wore moccosins (sp?) you can tell it's not LL, Laura Bell was much thinner than that...so I vote its Pennie.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger DILLY said...

MWEAH!

Dilly like pikchers.

Dilly hav kwestchon tho-

how wagons hide in olden days, wen evrythin be blak an wite? Dilly be GWEEN. Dilly not abol be flarged if evrythin be blak an wite.

Sept at nite.

¬"

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i think in the olden days when everything was black and white, the baby dragons were too...they knew how to hide!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Velvet Ginger said...

baby dragons show up in strang places though....

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger jamwall said...

very nice pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home